Forensic Evidence Recovery
SIRM , has experience in forensic evidence recovery and the provision of Expert Witness reports and services for digital forensic cases.
FCL provides a ‘one stop shop’ for digital forensic services in relation to the investigation and handling of computers and intelligent devices containing information and data. Whether the system is a portable device or part of an integrated network, FCL’s experienced technicians can assist you from the initial evidence gathering or fact finding through to the successful outcome, be it external prosecution, Industrial Tribunal or internal disciplinary action. FCL believes that working closely with you, their Client, is the key to success in ‘working a case’ and we can often recover evidence that not obtainable by using more conventional tools. This may well be the evidence that is needed to prove your case. If you need to investigate data that is held on a computer or an intelligent device then FCL can provide the following assistance:
- acquire data on site (overtly or covertly) or at the FCL certified forensic laboratory;advice on initiation of an investigation where data recovery is required; advice on the seizing and securing of that evidence; examine the recovered data according to the instructions you give us; provide easy to read technical reports outlining our findings; provide expert testimony if required.
- recover data that you thought (or hoped!) had long gone;
All our work is carried out following current best practice, contemporaneous notes and records are kept to prove the chain of custody. Our forensic team hold the following digital forensics specific certifications:
- CCCI – Certified Computer Crime Investigator; CCFT – Certified Computer Forensics Technician – Advanced; CFE – Certified Fraud Examiner; CIFI – Certified Information Forensics Investigator; CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor; CISM – Certified Information Security Manager; CISSP – Certified Information System Security Professional;
- EnCE – Encase Certified Examiner;
Our clients are guaranteed confidentiality and all case-related communications are strictly confidentialOur computer forensic team has handled cases involving:
- drug dealing;internet misuse;pornography in the workplace;illegal downloads;IP theft;paedophilia;virus / malware infection;fraud – including eBay auction fraud;email analysis;data recovery;e-discovery;peer-to-peer activities;spoofed and threatening emails;document tracking
- corporate espionage
We approach each case in the same manner:
- you make an approach to us to undertake a case; case information is obtained so that a quotation can be prepared; the proposal is sent to you who accept or reject it; assuming it is accepted, the relevant evidence is securely conveyed to our forensics laboratory; the evidence is logged in to the laboratory and the chain of custody record maintained; the evidence is imaged securely and then the original evidence is secure in the property store; the appropriate work is carried out and either a report or statement is prepared, depending on your requirements a dialogue is maintained throughout the process as further instructions are usually required based on discovery of evidence; if an Expert Witnessis required, they can be supplied.
- the case is closed and original evidence is securely returned to you.
The benefits of using FCL to undertake a digital forensic case for you are that we are:
- competent, having relevant experience and training on procedural matters as well as technical training on our tools;continuously improving our services;experts at report writing and evidence presentation;
- independent and owe our duty of care to the Court;